10.04.2011

Happy National Taco Day in LA!


I personally do not NEED an excuse to eat tacos, but if you do... here it is! I'm thinking maybe Doritos or Taco Bell is behind this, but either way, it's a great excuse to celebrate tacos.

Here are 3 places I find particularly reliable and satisfying with regards to their tacos selection ::

MY TACO - Located in Highland Park on the ever hipper York Blvd, My Taco has the most awesome crispy potato tacos. Pretty sure you can get beer here and on weekends, one of the best Barbacoa de Borrego around. Friendly and affordable I always love my taco at MY TACO.



LOTERIA GRILL STUDIO CITY - I love this location of Jimmy Shaw's consistently appetizing Mexican food. Their Taco Sampler is amazing as is their Grilled Skirt Steak and Tamarindo Margarita. Clean, friendly, and very creative. They also do lettuce tacos which I love to eat when I'm dieting. Loteria Grill Studio City


MARISCOS JALISCO BOYLE HEIGHTS - They are only open 10-5 so it's not too late to go for lunch or an early dinner. The owner Raul is the best. His taco is a magical combination of delicious shrimp, silky avocado and a crunchy crispy shell. Everything is fresh daily and Raul's daughters serve you tacos with a smile. What more can you ask for under $2? NOTHING. Except you will have to eat at least two because they are ADDICTIVE.  KCRW Food Event w/ Mariscos Jalisco

Go forth and taco my children and let us know how it goes.

ox the Taco Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment