7.14.2011

The Summit for Old School Dive Tacos in Ojai CA


Great tacos at a burger joint? Sure why not. They already have the ground beef and the chicken breast.

The Summit is a cool little stand/diner/cafe on the 126 on the way to Santa Paula from Ojai. It's about 10 min. from Boccali's, so even if you are not on your way out and are staying in Ojai, it's a pretty short ride. A little curvy, a nice view of the valley below with lots of hiking too.

I ate at the Summit, I want to say, about 10 years ago. I found it by accident. 'Ooooh! What's THAT cool place?" I had burger lovin' visitors and they get good Yelp/internet buzz so off we went. The whole way I was thinking... 'I'm pretty sure they have tacos... Are they crispy? That's the part I can't remember...'



When we got there everyone ordered burgers. They have salmon, chicken and turkey in addition to beef. No one was that floored. Good, but not INSANE etc. I had a regular burger (no cheese etc.) and I thought it was very tasty... but sure, it was no Father's Office or anything but it wasn't supposed to be.


My taco however was AWESOME. Freshly, lightly fried on the grill. Tasty ground beef mixture, shredded lettuce, yellow cheese. I had to ask for it, but the house salsa was great too.  $2.50 per taco and they have chicken and ground beef as the 2 choices.


They are open pretty early for breakfast... 8am? They stay open until 3pm each day.

I will probably go back for lunch today. It was THAT good.

Yea Summit!

PS. People rave about the shakes but the strawberry one we had was a dayglo pink and didn't really taste like strawberries... Maybe chocolate is better! Go for the tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment