4.02.2011

Taco Maven Loves The City of Inglewood


I lived in Westchester for 4 years. It's right next to Inglewood. I have been to the Hollywood Park racetrack and once long ago I competed in a horse show at the Forum. I probably saw at least one Laker game there too. I've even visited the huge Daniel Freeman Hospital!

Recently I was drawn back to the 'wood' by a lovely taco place, Fiesta Martin (see our prior post). I also noticed that the LA Times did an article about a great mariscos place, La Sirena Azul (not sure if it's the same as the truck, prob not). I've also had a few friends tell me that I MUST go to Mariscos Chente, also in Inglewood.


I love neighborhoods. Inglewood is its own city, just like Pasadena and Santa Monica. Here are some interesting facts....

Born in 1888 ( pop. 300)
Famous for a Cemetery in 1905
Incorporated in 1908
Famous for Earthquake damage in 1920
Famous for Chinchillas after 1923
Famous for being the City of Champions (Olympic Marathon of '32, Forum, Hollywood Park)


Now it's famous for great Mexican Food!!!!!

Go for a visit!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment